Career And College Prep
Get Ahead of the Curve
Everyone is looking for ways to ensure they stand out in a crowd of applicants. By exploring your business options now, you can get a leg up on the competition.
Which pathway is offered?
Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Administrative assistant
- Administrative support representative
- Customer service representative
- Independent distributor
- Office manager
- Small business owner
- Public relations specialist
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to two, each attainable in one semester)
- A*S*K Entrepreneurship/Management Exam
- Arizona Technical Skills Assessment