Career And College Prep
The Future Is Now
Technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places IT skills can take you?
Which pathways are offered?
Game Design & Programming—This pathway prepares students to create design specifications and integrate art and sound, translating it all into a playable game. This requires knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development.
Web & Digital Communication—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services, including developing digitally generated or computer-enhanced media used in business, training, entertainment, communications, and marketing.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Software developer
- Computer programmer
- Computer and information systems manager
- Computer technician
- Systems support specialist
- Network administrator
- 3D animator
- Graphic designer
- Multimedia producer
- Web designer
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
- Certiport Game Design Certification
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Certification—Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver
- ACA—Graphic Design and Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Arizona Technical Skills Assessment