CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
Education & Training
Raise Your Hand If You're Ready to Inspire the Next Generation
Close your eyes and think of your favorite teacher. Now, imagine having that same influence in a child's life. If shaping the future leaders of tomorrow is your dream, the education and training pathway can help you to make it a reality.
Which pathway is offered?
Early Childhood Education—This pathway prepares students for multiple teaching career possibilities, including specialties like special education, speech-language, and early childhood learning.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
- Certified nanny
- Pre-school teacher
- Pre-school assistant
- Child care assistant/worker
- Teacher's aide (elementary, secondary, special education)
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- NOCTI Early Childhood Education & Care—Basic
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Food Handlers Certificate
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Arizona Technical Skills Assessment
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)